"SNP challenges the community with a mascot design competition"
Official Rules and Forms
The official rules of the Southern Nevada Pickleball (SNP) mascot design competition are described below.
The object of this contest is to design and name a mascot that communicates and reflects the mission of southern Nevada pickleball. Our mission statement is …. "Cultivate a pickleball community that welcomes all, advocates for the sport and pursues resources to enhance player experience." A mascot is an image or symbol of a person, animal, or object that is believed to bring good will and represent an organization. The mascot will not replace our official logo. The mascot must work in concert with and not detract from our logo.
“Entry” means a design, concept or rough draft submitted by a member in good standing either created by the member or an individual known to the member.
“Entrant” means a member in good standing with SNP and age 18 or older.
“Designer” means a person that crafted an image of a mascot.
1. The Contest is open only to entries from members in good standing with SNP.
2. An entrant may submit an entry that was crafted by a nonmember. A nonmember may be the designer, must agree to let the member to serve as the entrant and that the entry becomes the property of SNP.
Submission Guidelines - How to Enter
1. Entries must conform to the submission guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
2. Complete the submission entry form.
3. The submission must include the name, age, postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant.
4. The submission must include the name, age, postal address, phone number and email address of the designer if not the same as the entrant.
5. Submit a digital copy or facsimile of the design to the SNP Executive Committee via email at [email protected] .
6. No more than 3 Entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
7. Complete an entry form for each design.
8. The deadline for Entries is Saturday April 30, 2022 at 5:00pm Pacific Daylight Time.
9. We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
10. There is no fee to enter the contest.
The purpose of the contest is to design a mascot for use by representatives of SNP. The image may be used online, in print, on merchandise, scoreboards, t-shirts, media and at venues.
What will be looking for?
1. Original drawing or artwork, not photos of real life.
2. Hand drawings or Adobe illustrator images are acceptable.
3. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily in differing media.
4. Can it stand up to embroidery? Thus, too much detail is problematic.
5. Will it look good in black and white as well as color?
6. Suitable for high quality printing.
7. How will it stand up to transparency or reproduction on a clear background?
8. How it could look in three dimensions?
9. The mascot image must be understandable upon viewing and not contain any lettering, yet we would like a clever name for the mascot submitted separately. If you don’t have a name that’s ok. The image and concept is more important.
10. The level of sophistication and uniqueness.
11. The image must be original and not similar to other mascots or logos. No clip art.
12. We may combine concepts from entries into a final concept.
13. SNP is entitled to revise, alter and/or edit any submission.
The limit on attachment sizes for our email is 5Mb. If your submission exceeds this size, even after compression, please send the images individually and note clearly in your emails that you are doing so. Our email: [email protected] . Our address 9030 W. Sahara Ave., #117 Las Vegas, NV, 89117, US
The winning design will be announced in May 2022. Every effort will be made to inform the winner in time for him or her to receive recognition. The winning entrant will receive a pickleball gear bag. The winning designer will receive a $250 cash prize and recognition as the mascot designer. If the entrant is also the winning designer, that individual will be awarded both the gear bag and $250.
Judging and Selection of Winner
1. The winning design will be selected by the Executive Committee of SNP. The committee’s decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into.
2. The Executive Committee reserves the right not to select a winner if, in their sole discretion, no suitable Entry is received.
3. The Executive Committee reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at their sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
4. The winner agrees to assigning all ownership of the mascot to SNP.
5. Accepting the prize constitutes permission for SNP to make public and otherwise use winner’s name for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
1. All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
2. All Entries will become the sole property of SNP and may be displayed publicly or used with initiatives sponsored by SNP.
Complete the fields requested below. If you are a submitting on behalf of a designer, enter the designer's contact information in the "Your message" section space provided. Have the designer complete the second part of this form.
If you are the entrant and designer, please add that comment in the message. There is no need to complete the designer information if the entrant is the designer. If you have a name for the mascot, enter it in the "Your message" section of this form.
Submit artwork by the April 30, 2022, deadline.
Complete the fields requested below. If a member submitted on your behalf, enter the member's contact information in the "Your message" section space provided. Have the member complete the first part of this form.
If you have a name for the mascot, enter it in the "Your message" section of this form.
Submit artwork by the April 30, 2022, deadline.